The Hair and Trichology Clinic are pleased to be able to work with both NHS and private patients, if you have any questions or issues regarding this, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Consultations can last up to an hour and booking is essential as sufficient time needs to be made to cover all the issues that may arise from our discussion. During the consultation we will decide on the best way to deal with both any underlying issues and any physical symptoms that you may have. This may require initial treatment and organising follow up appointments if they are required. Here at The Hair and Trichology Clinic we work strictly within the Ethical Codes of Practise of the Institute of Trichologists, as such:
- We will never ask for any moneys to be paid in advance of a course of treatments.
- We will never knowingly treat a client unnecessarily.
- We carry full liability insurance for your peace of mind.
- We kindly request that all payments for consultations and or products are made by cash, cheque or card.
To avoid disappointment to other clients who wish to have appointments, we have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Otherwise the full service price will be payable. Many thanks for your co-operation.
Advice can be given, to both adults and children, on a range of conditions which include but are not restricted to:
- Alopecia Areata
- Hair Loss and hair thinning
- Female and Male Androgenic Hair loss (pattern baldness)
- Excessive oiliness
- Itching, flaking scalp, Dandruff
- Eating disorders resulting in hair loss
- Hair breakage
- Psoriasis (scalp)
- Seborrhoea Dermatitis(scalp)
- Serum Ferritin
- Zinc and Iron related hair loss
- Telogen Effluvium
- Trichotillomania (hair pulling)
- Head lice
- Hair problems particular to racial hair types including Afro, Asian etc
Indian Head Massage
Many conditions to do with the scalp or hair can be caused by stress, it is with this in mind that we offer ‘Indian Head Massage’. The Indian head massage originated in India over 1000 years ago and began as a way of keeping the hair and scalp in good condition. It is based on the ancient healing system of Ayurveda. This form of massage works on the shoulders, neck, scalp and face, the areas are massaged using firm yet gentle rhythmic movements. Ayurvedic oils were traditionally used in this form of massage however the use of oils is optional. Indian head massage can be used to:
- Relieve eyestrain
- Ease headaches and migraine
- Relax muscles
- Relax and tones facial muscles
- Stimulate the hair and scalp
- Help localized blood and lymphatic circulation
- Relieve sinusitis
- Reduce stress
- Release anxiety
Hair Loss and Scalp Issues
For many hair loss can cause considerable distress, especially unexpected or unexplained hair loss, there are both mental and physical implications to such an event and getting to the cause and treating the issue as quickly as possible can help reduce any anxiety associated with these sudden changes. It is important that you seek professional advice from either your GP or a registered Trichologist, there are many unscrupulous individuals and organisations that will play on any insecurity’s you may have regarding your particular issues. Incorrect diagnosis and the wrong treatment can lead to further expensive complications that could have been easily avoided by seeking professional help in the first instance.
There are many long and short term scalp conditions which are both irritating and cosmetically distressing, with correct diagnosis these issues can be alleviated or controlled with the correct course of treatment. Please check for the relevant qualifications at any consultation to confirm evidence of training.